We are gearing up for Student Led Conferences (SLC) here at the Junior High. On Monday, April 4th EWG Junior High School will be holding student-led portfolio-based parent conferences. These conferences will provide an opportunity for students to reflect upon pieces of work from each core subject area and specials classes.
This is what you can expect when you attend the student-led parent conference:
- Your child will greet you and welcome you to the conference
- In 30 minutes, your child will present his/her portfolio to you
- You and your child will discuss your child’s strengths and areas that need work - your child will have guided reflection sheets to facilitate this discussion
- You will have the opportunity to respond to his/her work
- You and your child will each independently fill out an evaluation of the conference itself
- Your child will take home their portfolio after the conference for you to keep
A sign up form will be coming soon. Conferences will be 30 minutes in length. Parents who have multiple students in the Junior High will have to sign up for one conference time for each child.
If you are unable to attend and would like to send a representative such as a grandparent, please do so. If you cannot attend and do not send a representative, then your child will conference with a faculty representative at a later date.
We are partnering with the National Honor Society (NHS) at the high school to offer a homework club after school in the library on Mondays and Wednesdays until 2:45 PM. NHS students will be available for homework help and support. Students must be signed up before 12:00 PM on the day they are planning to stay. A link to the sign up form is located on the Junior High webpage.
Unified theater is still running their art auction. Check out all of beautiful artwork available and make a bid on some of the art work. All proceeds help the unified theater program.
Art work for our students is currently being displayed at the Hera Gallery at 10 High Street in Wakefield, RI. Come see some of the amazing works of art our students have created.