Monday, October 10, 2016

October 5, 2016



October 10, 2016


I want to take a minute to welcome back our 8th grader students, parents and teachers who travelled to Washington DC. 





It was exciting to track their journey on the Discover DC FaceBook page. 


The day that the students left, several high school students came up to me after school saying how much they enjoyed their DC trip.



One exciting event from the trip every year is the laying of the wreath at the tomb of the unknown solider. 

Students participate in an essay writing contest before going to DC. Each year this is always a very emotional event for everyone involved.







Upon returning from the trip, one of the parents sent this email: 

Hello Everyone!
I just want to thank you for such a wonderful trip!  I was very impressed with the entire experience, thoroughly enjoyed myself, and hope that I was a good chaperone. From beginning to end it was an exceptionally  professional, well crafted excursion and I am grateful that I could share it with you and the eighth grade class.



For current 7th graders, it's not too late to register, your registration forms will be going home soon. Online registration is available at the Discover DC page on the EWG homepage. And for parents, this is a great opportunity for you to attend the trip as well.